Tennis Tuesday is a content series curated by the New York Empire that will feature some of the game’s greats and New York’s finest tennis coaches, administrators, and fans. This week, we chat with two-time NY Empire star, Marcus Willis.
1. What was your favorite part about playing for the New York Empire in 2017?
It was definitely the home win against Springfield. The atmosphere and the ups and downs were epic.
2. You were also a member of the squad in 2016. What makes World TeamTennis an event that you enjoy playing?
The team atmosphere and the WTT scoring system always makes it competitive and fun!
3. We all remember your incredible Wimbledon run in singles in 2016. What did you learn from that experience?
I learned that anything is possible and hard work pays off in the end!
4. You’re a new dad. How was that experience affected the way you view your profession?
I’m very lucky to have such a positive and nice focus off court. Makes the wins sweeter too!
5. What are you planning tennis-wise for the remainder of this year and for the early part of 2018?
I’m playing 2 more tournaments in Europe and then taking 5 weeks training to prepare for the 2018 season